Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hazy Morning

We were content
And the world rushed by us
And wondered at our state
I delighted you somehow
And you'd struck just the right fancy
We laughed, and did not care
For the trite sentiment
They tried to peddle 
And as we sat together
I would watch your words
Slip from your mouth and fall
To the ground
I gathered them up like jewels
And understood, but did not need to 
Enthralled by the light reflecting off of them
Making stained glass patterns
To dance across the air
We filled the holes torn into us
With each others' silences
You were precious to me
I was an addicting distraction for you
Beach-sand, sea-shells
Cherry-blossom paintings
Upon paper umbrellas
You do not complete me
I do not need you, but
You let me complete myself
Unashamed and wild and whole
And what more could we do
This is not love, or ever will be
Not as the majority defines
This is just the essence 
Of the hazy morning
A catalyst for our 
Lifeblood to mingle in

No comments:

Post a Comment